CRB and Occupational Health clearance
All students will be cleared through the Criminal Records Bureau (Enhanced Disclosure) and through Occupational Health before they are fully enrolled on the programme and prior to their first clinical placement. They will also have updated manual handling and CPR training. For the in-service student, it is the responsibility of their employer to ensure that the student has completed the required mandatory training for the duration of the course. For other students mandatory training will be arranged at the University.
The practice placement co-ordinator will enforce this policy and students will not be allowed on placement without evidence of up to date training
All students are cleared though the London South Bank Occupational Health service; this includes health screening and immunisation schedules, including Hepatitis B.
• That they have a responsibility to maintain their own health whilst on the course and during clinical placement.
• To recognise that any failure on their part to maintain their health, or any failure to inform relevant personnel about health related matters of significance, may result in harm being caused to themselves and/or to others.
• Although not an exhaustive list, health related matters which students are encouraged to bring to the attention of their clinical educator include back problems, fits, diabetes and pregnancy.
• That prior to undertaking any clinical placement they have a responsibility to ensure that they have current protection against: TB, Hepatitis B, Polio, Tetanus, Chicken Pox, Measles Mumps and Rubella.
• Keep records of clearance through Criminal Records Bureau and Occupational Health Department, and provide these records on request.